Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/25 06:12:32 UTC

Building Spark DataGrid dynamically

Hi,

I am building a screen with one Static DataGrid and one Dynamic (data comes
through SOAP
and I do not know the number of columns or their names in advance).
I also get a list of column names in order from another SOAP call.

That Dynamic DataGrid works (converting data from Vector of Objects to
ArrayList of Columns).

I still have a few problems:

1) I need to implement "Clear" of that Dynamic table.

No matter what I tried:

arrayColl=null;

arrayColl.removeAll();

arrayColl = new ArrayCollection();

myDG.dataProvider=null;

myDG.dataProvider=new ArrayCollection();

I am getting NULL reference exception coming from some system code:    if
(cell.visible)...   where cell is null.

How can I clear that dynamic DG ?

full exception stack:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object
reference.
at spark.components.gridClasses::GridLayout/updateTypicalCellSizes()
at spark.components.gridClasses::GridLayout/measure()
at spark.components.supportClasses::GroupBase/measure()
at mx.core::UIComponent/measureSizes()
at mx.core::UIComponent/validateSize()
at spark.components::Group/validateSize()
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateSize()
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()

2)  It seems that by default that Dynamic DG puts columns in alphabetical

order, which is of course not what I need.

Any way to disable that or fix somehow?

3) I need to show 2 DGs on the screen, and the second of them is Dynamic,

and allow user to resize them vertically to be able to see more in static
or dynamic DG.

I put them in VDividedBox (and set height of both DG and container to 100%).

It split the screen vertically 50:50, but still there is no draggable in
between,

so can't resize.

Any help is very appreciated.

TIA,

Oleg.

Re: Building Spark DataGrid dynamically

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Full exception trace with numbers:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object
reference.

          at
spark.components.gridClasses::GridLayout/updateTypicalCellSizes()[E:\
dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\gridClasses\G
ridLayout.as:867]

          at
spark.components.gridClasses::GridLayout/measure()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frame
works\projects\spark\src\spark\components\gridClasses\GridLayout.as:44 4]

          at
spark.components.supportClasses::GroupBase/measure()[E:\dev\4.5.1\fra
meworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\supportClasses\GroupBase.a
s:1148]

          at
mx.core::UIComponent/measureSizes()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\
framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8496]

          at
mx.core::UIComponent/validateSize()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\
framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8420]

          at
spark.components::Group/validateSize()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projec
ts\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:1012]

          at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateSize()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\pro
jects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:665]

          at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frame
works\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:816]

          at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[E:\dev\4.5
.1\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1180 ]

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> HI,
>
> What version of the SDK are you using? Does teh same happen using 4.9.1 or
> 4.10 (has been a large number of RTE fixes in 4.10).  Can you post a full
> stack trace with line numbers?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Justin, please respond to the thread in the users@f.a.o list.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Building Spark DataGrid dynamically

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Prabhu,

That was very useful.

Also how can I do Validation on some of these dynamic fields,
like user should not be able to enter Alphanumeric if that is an Integer
field.

Please advice.

TIA,
Oleg