Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2014/03/12 23:04:19 UTC

Re: permissions

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:47:49 -0500
Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> Any reason why we've never pulled
>
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=741869
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=741862
>
> into apr-1.5 ?
>
> If these look useful, and adding them doesn't break the ABI,
> I'm willing to do the work required to backport.
>
> FWIW: They are almost 5 years old!

It extends the ABI, therefore isn't suited to 1.5.x.  We can't add
a new function entry point which would cause a program linked to 1.5.2
to fail to load under 1.5.0.  The ABI's remain identical except for
actual damage/bug mitigation.

It doesn't break the ABI and appears to be forward-compatible, so it
looks suitable for trunk and also for 1.6.x.