Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/19 21:11:29 UTC

Java first and the new JMS config universe ...

I'm trying out the new JMS in the Java-first case, and I've hit my
first pothole.

I'm going to commit the sample in the state that gets this error.

 Object implementor = new HelloWorldImpl();
        JaxWsServerFactoryBean svrFactory = new JaxWsServerFactoryBean();
        svrFactory.setServiceClass(HelloWorld.class);
        svrFactory.setTransportId(JMSSpecConstants.SOAP_JMS_SPECIFICIATION_TRANSPORTID);
        svrFactory.setAddress("jms:queue:test.cxf.jmstransport.queue?timeToLive=1000");
        svrFactory.setServiceBean(implementor);
        svrFactory.create();

INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be
jms:queue:test.cxf.jmstransport.queue?timeToLive=1000
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Target
ConnectionFactory must not be null
	at org.springframework.util.Assert.notNull(Assert.java:112)
	at org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.<init>(SingleConnectionFactory.java:130)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSConfiguration.getOrCreateWrappedConnectionFactory(JMSConfiguration.java:441)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSConfiguration.ensureProperlyConfigured(JMSConfiguration.java:104)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSDestination.activate(JMSDestination.java:111)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractObservable.setMessageObserver(AbstractObservable.java:48)
	at org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory.addListener(AbstractBindingFactory.java:181)
	at org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingFactory.addListener(SoapBindingFactory.java:835)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:127)
	at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ServerFactoryBean.create(ServerFactoryBean.java:186)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.create(JaxWsServerFactoryBean.java:183)
	at demo.server.ServerJMS.main(ServerJMS.java:63)

Re: Java first and the new JMS config universe ...

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Nice job guys.  Glad to see it all working.  :-)

Next question:
Should the original page that Benson stole the demo from:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-ws-java-first-with-jms-transport.html
be updated with the new demo or should we wait until after 2.3 is released?

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Java first and the new JMS config universe ...

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, all that makes sense.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Java first and the new JMS config universe ...

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I can get more trace in the debugger probably. The interesting thing
to me is that the CXF API equivalent works fine. If you update trunk
you can see this yourself.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Here's the stack trace at 'point of boom'

HTTPConduit.getURL(boolean) line: 836
HTTPConduit.getURL() line: 818
HTTPConduit.setupURL(Message) line: 764
HTTPConduit.prepare(Message) line: 497
MessageSenderInterceptor.handleMessage(Message) line: 46
PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(Message) line: 247
ClientImpl.invoke(BindingOperationInfo, Object[], Map<String,Object>,
Exchange) line: 516
ClientImpl.invoke(BindingOperationInfo, Object[], Exchange) line: 313
ClientImpl.invoke(BindingOperationInfo, Object...) line: 265
JaxWsClientProxy(ClientProxy).invokeSync(Method, BindingOperationInfo,
Object[]) line: 73
JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(Object, Method, Object[]) line: 124
$Proxy34.sayHi(String) line: not available
ClientJMS.main(String[]) line: 61

Re: Java first and the new JMS config universe ...

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Java first and the new JMS config universe ...

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I don't.

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/soap-over-jms-10-support.html

does not tell me to do so.

I'm trying to entirely avoid JNDI, and I (mis?)reading that web page
as telling me that I can do so.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
svrFactory.setAddress("jms:queue:test.cxf.jmstransport.queue?timeToLive=1000"
                              + "&jndiConnectionFactoryName=ConnectionFactory"
                              + "&jndiInitialContextFactory"
                              +
"=org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory");

works better.

I'll update the confluence page.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
  Hi Benson,