Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by FOP project-Vienna <pd...@gmx.at> on 2002/07/02 14:11:12 UTC

page-number-citation

Hi there!

I am currently working on an online-editing system for newspapers using FOP.
Therefore a Xml-File is generated which consists of serveral chapters
containing several
chapter-articles.
I want to create a table of content for the whole newspaper containing the
headlines of each
chapter_article as well as the adjacent page-number.

Actually I want this system to be independent of the input so I don`t know
how many articles
the newspaper is going to contain.  Therefore I automatically create
id-attributes for each new
headline using xsl:generate-id.. but the problem is I cannot refer to this
generated ids!!  The
command fo:page-number-citation contains "ref-id=" but I don`t know how to
tell FOP that it
should use the internal created id-attributes here!  I didn`t find any
documentation about this
kind of problem.  Maybe you could help me?

Please!
Thanks in advance,
Marion from Vienna

http://www.gmx.net

Re: page-number-citation

Posted by FOP project-Vienna <pd...@gmx.at>.
Thank you soooooooooooo much :)))))))))))
It`s so great!!
I`ve worked on that problem for days!

****Merci beaucoup*****

Yours happily,
Marion

http://www.gmx.net

Re: page-number-citation

Posted by Cyril Rognon <cr...@objectiva.fr>.
Again, I must ell you that your issue is XSLT related, not FO nor FOP.

You must be sure that the current context node is the same when you
generate the <fo:block id="{generate-id()}>
and the <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{generate-id()}"/> !

different ids mean different nodes used by the generate-id function.

Be sure you have the same nodes means that if you use <xsl:for-each
select="//headline"> to gather your nodeset, you have to use some equal
stuff to parse your headlines to generate your block with ids . It has to
be the exat same nodes.

Cyril

Re: page-number-citation

Posted by FOP project-Vienna <pd...@gmx.at>.
Thanx for your answer but I´ve already studied these examples.. I tried it
again and it simply doesn`t work..
what I want to know is how can I refer to the genrated page-numbers in
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id=""/>???

I have tried it like described by Antenna House:

the headline of each article is placed in a <fo:block id="{generate-id()}>

in the table of content I used
<xsl:for-each select="//headline">
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{generate-id()}"/>

like Antenna House
but the function in ref-id generates completely NEW ids which surely don`t
match with the ones generated in fo:block..
Is there any possibility to write something like <fo:page-number-citation
ref-id="@id"/> ?? Any possibility to write an xsl-command in the ref-id, like
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="<xsl:value-of select="..."/>"/> ????
I know that it can`t work that way but maybe you understand my problem and
know something similar I could use...

Thank you a lot :)
Marion

Re: page-number-citation