Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Hamid Reza Sahlolbey <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/31 14:36:28 UTC

Query in file content ,Ms word

Hi;
I save some files in JCR and for Ms word files I enabled indexing and it
seems the text extractor works well (I saw the index in {ws.home}/index
directory)

My problem is when I want to search for the Ms Word Content I used the
following Xpath query but it can't find my file.

//vsarchive:d/vsarchive:content/*/jcr:content[jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'hamid'
)]

I get no error when executing the query but returning no result.

Also for information I should say that I used springmodules to deal with
jackrabbit and I do nothing for extracting text in my code and I supposed
that jackrabbit do it for me.

Thanks,
Hamid

Re: Query in file content ,Ms word

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Hamid,

Hamid Reza Sahlolbey wrote:
> Hi;
> I save some files in JCR and for Ms word files I enabled indexing and it
> seems the text extractor works well (I saw the index in {ws.home}/index
> directory)
>
> My problem is when I want to search for the Ms Word Content I used the
> following Xpath query but it can't find my file.
>
> //vsarchive:d/vsarchive:content/*/jcr:content[jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'hamid'
> )]

you cannot use jcr:contains() on binary properties directly. the following will
work:

//vsarchive:d/vsarchive:content/*/jcr:content[jcr:contains(., 'hamid')]

regards
  marcel