Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Noel Morgan <no...@mailspace.com> on 2001/06/27 19:36:37 UTC

IMAP taglib src available

All interested imaptag developers,

There is now a link to the source tarball here:
http://www.preseller.com/imaptags.06272001.tar.gz

The demo site will reside here for now:
http://www.preseller.com/

Today I will be adding more functionality and documentation to the demo site
that has a better overview of what this taglib currently supports.

I am sure there will be a major redesign once the experts have a look ;), and
that is precisely the purpose of this project.

If anyone has a non-cyrus style imap account they could give me I would
really appreciate it. I am using courier-imap for my imap servers. The
javamail api is not perfect in it's implementation either so it is hard to
tell which implementation (imap or javamail) fails, and there will be code
comments denoting some of the problems I have ran into.

I have had ideas of supporting pop through this taglib set, but I think that
because of the depth of imap in comparison to pop, we will end up only using
very small pieces of this library, so I am not really interested in tackling
that aspect until imap has been satisfied.

Future direction will depend on feedback of other interested imap tag
developers. My goal is to write a tag that is safe, fast, portable, and
supporting much of the IMAP functionality required to have a nice webmail
site with an easily understood taglib.

Thanks,
Noel

Move your email to a better address.
Over 1,000 domains to choose from! FREE! PRIVATE!
http://www.MailSpace.com