Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2021/01/15 21:53:38 UTC

[VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC2) is available

[ Thanks to Viraj Jasani for ensuring an accurate change log and for
scripting a tool to do the same. ]

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate, hbase-2.4.1RC2.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.4.1

The tag to be voted on is 2.4.1RC2:

    https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.4.1RC2

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.1RC2/

The JIRA change log for this release can be found at:

    https://s.apache.org/0nopx

Temporary Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:

    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1434/

Artifacts were signed with the apurtell@apache.org key which can be found
in:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The API compatibility report for this RC can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.1RC2/api_compare_2.4.0_to_2.4.1RC2.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see

    http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

[RESULT] [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC2) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With 4 +1 binding votes, including my own, and one +1 non-binding vote,
this vote passes and 2.4.1 is released. I will send out the announcement
shortly.

Thanks to all who evaluated the release candidate.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC2) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
When I released 2.4.0 I extended the lifetime of this code signing key and updated KEYS, FWIW. Maybe you need to re-import? If it continues to be an issue for people I'll make a new key for the next one. Thanks Stack.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 9:52 AM Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 10:04 PM Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > * Poked around the UI (We need to fix this: 2.4.1, revision=Unknown as
> our
> > version in UI)
> >

> Do you have this in the binary artifacts or in the artifacts built from the
> source release? It's expected for an artifact built from the source
> release, as there is no git information available at compile time.

I ran what I'd built from untar'd src so your explanation above makes sense.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_275): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check -D skipTests
* Rat check (11.0.8): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check -D skipTests -D hadoop.profile=3.0
* Built from source (1.8.0_275): ok
 - mvn clean install -D skipTests -DskipTests
* Built from source (11.0.8): ok
 - mvn clean install -D skipTests -D hadoop.profile=3.0 -DskipTests

* Unit tests in Jenkins are looking good, right up until this tag --
failures start immediately after
* Verified git sha on webui of binary artifact matches sha of tag in git.
* Compatibility report looks good.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
There are enough binding votes (including my own) to close this vote. I
will hold it open for 24 hours more in case other evaluations are still in
progress.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.
+ 1(non-binding).

        * Signature: ok

        * Checksum : ok

        * Rat check (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn clean apache-rat:check

        * Built from source (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn clean install -DskipTests

        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn package -P runSmallTests

Put 2.4.1 to a 15 node cluster (3 masters, 12 region servers), run itbll
with serverKilling chaos monkey.
Added 3 billions row, it’ll finished successfully (verified).

Re: [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC2) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn package -P runSmallTests
* All tests: branch-2.4 nightly runs look good
* CHANGELOG: ok
* Release Notes: ok
* CRUD: ok