Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Ford <A....@ford-mason.co.uk> on 2008/05/09 13:43:59 UTC

Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

I am nearly finished with the technical review draft of the second
edition of the Apache Pocket Reference (my deadline for this is 30 May),
and am looking for a number of people to review the manuscript.  I would
be very grateful for any volunteers and I believe that there will be
some free copies of the book for reviewers from O'Reilly.

O'Reilly are planning on this being published in August this year
(details already on their web site and i's on Amazon for pre-order).
The new edition has been completely overhauled and expanded (looks like
the page count will increase from 112 to about 170), with the focus
being on 2.2, and with compatibility information for users of 1.3.
Following chats with some of the core developers at ApacheCon Europe
last month I have decided to not bother with compatibility information
for users of 2.0.

As part of the research for the book I have been looking at the
documentation and comparing with the source code, and have found a few
errors which I am reporting to the docs project.  Once I've finished the
technical review draft of the book I am planning on creating a new quick
reference card for Apache 2.2 and updating the old 1.3 version to remove
compatibility information for 1.2.

As I say, I would be very grateful for help.  If you are interested,
please contact me directly (A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk).

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House

Re: Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
2008/5/9 Andrew Ford <A....@ford-mason.co.uk>:
> I am nearly finished with the technical review draft of the second
> edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Don't forget to add it to this list once its published:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/BOOKS/Books+on+Apache+HTTP+Server+%28httpd%29

--
noodl

Re: Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Posted by Teddy Cai <te...@yahoo.com>.
me too.

Iñigo Medina García <im...@diazdesantos.es> wrote:  Good idea! :-)
Iim insterested too.

Iñigo

--
--------
Iñigo Medina García

---------------------------------

Re: Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Posted by Iñigo Medina García <im...@diazdesantos.es>.
Good idea! :-)
Iim insterested too.

   Iñigo

--
--------

Posted by Iñigo Medina García <im...@diazdesantos.es>.
Good idea! :-)
Iim insterested too.

   Iñigo

--
--------

Posted by Albert Lash <al...@gmail.com>.
Me too!

--
My Blogs:
http://www.docunext.com/

Re: Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Posted by Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <bu...@buanzo.com.ar>.
Hi Andrew!

buanzo:gZtiobxUnO/vc

Use that.

Too bad about the short notice, but I'll do my best.

Yours,

Posted by Andrew Ford <A....@ford-mason.co.uk>.
Nick Gearls wrote:
> I'm interested

If you are still interested drop me a htpasswd entry and I'll give you
access to the review site.  I am running late but I have two chapters
complete and ready to review.  The original deadline for me to get the
initial draft finished is 30 May, but will slip slightly.  The deadline
for incorporating review comments is 30 June.  I'm aiming for that not
to slip so much.

Regards
Andrew

--
Andrew Ford
South Wing Compton House, Compton Green,
Redmarley, Gloucestershire, GL19 3JB, UK
Tel:    +44 1531 829900
Mobile: +44 7785 258278
Email:  A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk

Re: Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Posted by Nick Gearls <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'm interested

Regards,

Nick

Re: Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference

Posted by "dimitryous r." <04...@edelphy.com>.
Andrew,
I'm avalaible to review the manuscript.

dimitryous