Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/06 15:57:33 UTC

Re: Text searches and free form queries

So, what I ended up doing is this --

As I write my records into the main CF, I tokenize some fields that I
want to search on using Lucene and write an index into a separate CF,
such that my columns are a composite of:

luceneToken:record key

I can then search my records by doing a slice for each lucene token in
the search query and then do an intersection of the sets. It works
pretty fast.

Regards,
Oleg

On 2012-09-05 01:28:44 +0000, aaron morton said:

> AFAIk if you want to keep it inside cassandra then DSE, roll your own
> from scratch or start with https://github.com/tjake/Solandra .
>
> Outside of Cassandra I've heard of people using Elastic Search or Solr
> which I *think* is now faster at updating the index.
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 4/09/2012, at 3:00 AM, Andrey V. Panov <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some one did search on Lucene, but for very fresh data they build
> search index in memory so data become available for search without
> delays.
>
> On 3 September 2012 22:25, Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Distinguished Colleagues:

Oleg Dulin
NYC Java Big Data Engineer
http://www.olegdulin.com/

Re: Text searches and free form queries

Posted by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com>.

>> It works pretty fast.
> Cool.
> Just keep an eye out for how big the lucene token row gets.
> Cheers

Indeed, it may get out of hand, but for now we are ok -- for the
foreseable future I would say.

Should it get larger, I can split it up into rows -- i.e. all tokens
that start with "a", all tokens that start with "b", etc.

Re: Text searches and free form queries

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.