Posted to dev@serf.apache.org by Falko Matthies <fa...@fincallorca.de> on 2017/10/11 07:58:42 UTC

Subversion error E120171 with libserf 1.3.9-3

Hi serf team!

I have a small issue. It looks like that the serf lib is the reason, why subversion does not work anymore while
accessing HTTPS repositories.

I am using
- the current debian testing (buster) amd64
- subversion 1.9.7-2 (r1800392) with libserf 1.3.9-3 (no self compiled packages, only distribution packages) and
- beanstalkapp as a repository provider

I cant access (update/checkout/list/whatever) my subversion repository anymore. Everytime i call a subversion command i
get following error message:

> svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://USER@COMPANY.svn.beanstalkapp.com/REPOSITORY/trunk'
> svn: E120171: Error running context: An error occurred during SSL communication

If i replace the package libserf-1.3.9-3 by libserf-1.3.9-1 (and nothing else) everything works fine. I dont get any
errors anymore. Also curl works fine. Maybe there is a bug in the current libserf 1.3.9-3 version?

Thanks in advance!

Falko Matthies

Re: Subversion error E120171 with libserf 1.3.9-3

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 11.10.2017 09:58, Falko Matthies wrote:
> Hi serf team!
>
> I have a small issue. It looks like that the serf lib is the reason, why subversion does not work anymore while
> accessing HTTPS repositories.
>
> I am using
> - the current debian testing (buster) amd64
> - subversion 1.9.7-2 (r1800392) with libserf 1.3.9-3 (no self compiled packages, only distribution packages) and
> - beanstalkapp as a repository provider
>
> I cant access (update/checkout/list/whatever) my subversion repository anymore. Everytime i call a subversion command i
> get following error message:
>
>> svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://USER@COMPANY.svn.beanstalkapp.com/REPOSITORY/trunk'
>> svn: E120171: Error running context: An error occurred during SSL communication
> If i replace the package libserf-1.3.9-3 by libserf-1.3.9-1 (and nothing else) everything works fine. I dont get any
> errors anymore. Also curl works fine. Maybe there is a bug in the current libserf 1.3.9-3 version?

You should report this to the Debian team. There is no "libserf 1.3.9-3"
here; the Serf project provides sources. the "-1" ... "-3" suffixes are
specific to Debian packaging and they should figure out what they
changed between the package versions.

Here's the link to the bug tracker:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=serf

And the changelog:
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/s/serf/serf_1.3.9-3_changelog

Frankly, from the changelog, I can't figure out what might have gone wrong.

-- Brane