Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wolfgang <wo...@exedio.com> on 2010/06/28 12:12:51 UTC

TagTester after Ajax

TagTester works on the content of the last response which, in case of an Ajax
response, is not the whole page but only a small snippet. Even worse, this
snippet doesn't contain the wicket:ids anymore I use for testing.

Is there a way to Ajax-enable TagTester such that...
...you can use TagTester after Ajax refreshes without bothering about this
fact?
...you can use wicket:id attributes to evaluate the result?

It is because I want to test certain Ajax-relevant features that cannot be
tested using the component-based assert... methods on WicketTester and that
cannot be tested if Ajax is disabled.

I know it is a certain additional work for Wicket to enable that kind of
testing because, from the technical point of view, the required document is
not naturally available. However, since Wicket defines its own Ajax engine
it should be able to mock this one such that the Ajax responses are
incorporated in the document and the result can be evaluated as a whole.