Posted to user@struts.apache.org by AMIR-TAHMASSEB Marc <MA...@cus-strasbourg.net> on 2003/04/30 15:58:56 UTC

GenericDataSource maxCount

does any one knows who work the minCount and maxCount in  org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource ?

it seems that when I try to open more connection than maxCount then server connections are down !?

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
i had never worked with GenericDataSource so can't tell ya what to change
with that.

But here is the reason -- There is some limit set to the object pool
(default is 8) that store the connections..if that limit is reached the
default behaviour of PoolableConnection is to WAIT INFINTELY till the
connection is available from the pool.

So make sure you are returning your connections back to pool after you have
used it.

or you may set your object pool to GROW if the pool ran short of pooled
connections.

HTH
navjot

each time I double (or triple) click a submit button (instead of a simple
click) my tomcat server fall out of order ! Then the only way to lunch an
application is to restart the tomcat server before !
Does any body had already a problem like this ? and what can be the solution
?
I'm using :
- Struts 1.02
- Tomcat 3.2.4