Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2011/10/23 09:14:19 UTC

Re: [lucy-user] Change default Boolean operator from OR to AND (via default_boolop)

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 08:17:40AM +0200, goran kent wrote:
> Comments, experience, gut-feel?

OR is better for small corpuses.  AND is better for large corpuses.

I suspect you're well into AND territory.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-user] Change default Boolean operator from OR to AND (via default_boolop)

Posted by goran kent <go...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 08:17:40AM +0200, goran kent wrote:
>> Comments, experience, gut-feel?
>
> OR is better for small corpuses.  AND is better for large corpuses.
>
> I suspect you're well into AND territory.

I suspect you're on the money, Marvin.  It's useful to have it confirmed.