Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by WangYQ <wa...@163.com> on 2016/12/20 12:10:03 UTC

oozie ha

in
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/03/inside-apache-oozie-ha/

Architecture: Access

Usually, when you use the Oozie client, REST API, or Web UI, there’s a single address to use (http://myhost:11000/oozie, for example). But now that you have multiple Oozie servers, you have multiple addresses to which users can connect — so what happens if the one they pick goes down?  There are also many clients or tools that only support a single entry point for Oozie, such as the JobTracker. To fix this issue, you need to provide a single address that will round-robin between the Oozie servers.

You can use a load balancer, a virtual IP address, or DNS round-robin for this purpose. As with the database, this setup technically needs to be HA as well.

we need make a single address to oozie by ourselves?

such as  load balancer, a virtual IP address, or DNS round-robin

does oozie provide a simple method?

Re: oozie ha

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
HAProxy is a pretty easy software-based load balancer you can use.

http://www.haproxy.org/

Re: oozie ha

Posted by Andras Piros <an...@cloudera.com>.
Hi WangYQ,