Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br> on 2004/03/17 19:49:47 UTC

apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Hi all

I'm migrating a tomcat 3.2.3 isntallation to version 5.
When using 3.2.3, I used to use automatic mod_jk.conf-auto generation
for use by apache. Does version 5 has the same feature? Or do I have to
configure it by hand?? any how-to?? It's not mentioned in tomcat 5 docs..

I used mod_jk, is jk2 prefered???? There's no linux release for it and
when trying to build as the readme says, the buildI doesn't work at all...

I'm using suse 9 / apache 1.3 and tomcat 5.

--
Emerson Cargnin
Analista de Sistemas

Re: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Emerson,

> a second question: may I use the same mod_jk.so I used with tomcat 3.2.3??

The configuration of mod_jk is independent of the Tomcat version. As
long as the version of Tomcat that you are using supports mod_jk (really
ajp13), you can use mod_jk with it (including any existing configuration).

apj13 is supported by pretty much every version of Tomcat that you can
get your hands on.

-chris

RE: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Steve Gums <sg...@voast.com>.
Mine worked fine when I tried it.
Steve

Re: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.

Re: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.
any answer to this question????

Re: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.

Re: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.

Re: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.
I have a complementary question, taht I know that i have being asked
before, but didn't find any answer, it's related to my previous question:

- Tomcat 5 can be used directly (in production) without apache??? For
serving static pages and images??? I mean, there are anybody using it
direct in production, without any drop in performance?