Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karl Koch <Th...@gmx.net> on 2005/02/08 18:23:32 UTC

HELP! JIT error when searching... Lucene 1.3 on Java 1.1

When I switch to Java 1.2, I can also not run it. Also I cannot index
anything. I have no idea why...

Can sombody help me?

Karl

Re: HELP! JIT error when searching... Lucene 1.3 on Java 1.1

Posted by Karl Koch <Th...@gmx.net>.
I have a colleague which uses Lucene 1.3 on PersonalJava (equally to Java
1.1.8). I can't find a significant difference to his code (sill searching)
but he did not many any changes. He did also not recompile Lucene 1.3 on
1.1.8 etc.

It must be something simple. I will look for that switch...

In the meantime, I am thankful for any other help.

Cheers,
Karl

> Iirc java 1.1 had a switch to turn of JIT compilation. It did slow things
> down when I was using 1.1 (1.1.8?), but it might you help now...
>
> Regards,
> Paul Elschot

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Superg�nstig und stressfrei einsteigen!

Posted by Paul Elschot <pa...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by sergiu gordea <gs...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>.
Karl Koch wrote:

>When I switch to Java 1.2, I can also not run it. Also I cannot index
>anything. I have no idea why...
>
>Can sombody help me?

I think you are a pioneer in this domain :) . I'm not very familiar with
the lucene source code, but I think it uses the
advantages of java 1.3 and 1.4.
Probably the best thing you can do is to get the sources of the old
versions of lucene and to try to compile them with
java 1.2 compiler.

 Best,

 Sergiu