Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Don Sauer <dj...@swbell.net> on 2003/04/02 23:59:47 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.24 context problem?

 Okay, This is driving me nuts. I have  APACHE 2 + Tomcat 4.1.24 +
mod_jk configured. In my VirtualHost I set it so that /* =ajp13
/examples/* ajp13 and /hms/* ajp13. My Context is below, when I test my
configuration the http:///www.xyz.com/ comes up to Tomcats default page
eventhough it isn't within the new docBase - if I try a different page
in that docBase such as http://www.xyz.xom/about.jsp it comes up
correctly. Currently, the only hosts and contexts are to xyz.com the
logs show access to the different contexts correctly and it doesn't
throw and error in the catalina.out. What am I missing that it isn't
bringing up the index.jsp from the docBase?

 <Host name="www.xyz.com" debug="0" appBase="/web/xyz/docs">

                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
                timestamp="true"/>

        <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
        <Context path="" docBase="/web/xyz/docs" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />
        <Context path="/examples"
docBase="/usr/tomcat/webapps/examples/" debug="0" reloadable="true" />
        <Context path="/hms" docBase="/web/servlets/hms/" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
   </Host>

Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 context problem?

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
The docBase is relative to the <Host> appBase unless you specifically
provide an absolute path off the root of the system.  I assume that your
contexts are within the appBase, right?  So then it should be...

<Context docBase="[you need a subdirectory here]" ...>

<Context docBase="examples" ....>

Look at the default server.xml and see how things are done there before
messing with your own custom configuration.

Jake