Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2014/11/12 07:47:56 UTC

Re: Karaf 3.0.1: how to avoid usage of .m2 repository?

Just for completeness:

In the meantime, I'm using Karaf 3.0.2. I now have the repository for my own
bundles in an extra folder under the Karaf home directory, and have added
this folder to the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories.

All entries in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories have been removed, since
there should be no extra things installable in the production environment.
All the features I need are included in a custom distribution which I have
built - works great.

When I need an update for my own bundles, I just copy them into my special
folder (overwriting what is already there), including an updated feature xml
file if needed (additional / removed bundles). Then I remove the feature,
update the repo, and re-install the feature. Rather rough way, but it works
for all cases. I'm thinking of some improvement (ACE etc.), but that might
be another thread.

No more extra mvn dirs are created, so that problem is solved.

Thanks again for the help!

Best Regards,
Jochen

Re: Karaf 3.0.1: how to avoid usage of .m2 repository?

Posted by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com>.
If you place your stuff in the system directory, I don't see the need to
change the default configuration. This folder is already included in the
defaultRepositories in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg.

Define features according to
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/provisioning.html
<http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/provisioning.html>   and
add the features to the featuresRepositories list in
org.apache.karaf.features.cfg. Then you can install a feature with
feature:install <featurename>. If you add the feature to the featuresBoot
list in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg, it will automatically be installed on
startup.

BR,
Jochen

Re: Karaf 3.0.1: how to avoid usage of .m2 repository?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
For the xxx times, I already replied ;)

AFAIR, I updated the documentation (let me check and update).

The current 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT version already use a production mode
configuration.

Regards
JB

On 01/08/2015 09:00 AM, Srikanth wrote:
> I am also facing similar issue in karaf 3.0.0.
> Could you please send me the configuration?
>
> I have all my artifacts in {karaf.home}/system directory, and want karaf to
> access all the artifacts from system directory.
>
> Basically i dont want artifacts to be downloaded and .m2 directory to be
> created.
>

> -----
> www.gharki.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 3.0.1: how to avoid usage of .m2 repository?