Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org> on 2007/03/27 11:57:23 UTC

Versioning of Implementations and Samples

Committing my first little contributions I noticed, that version of
implementation and sample can differ. Is this on purpose?

I'd find it more logical having the same version  for implementations
and its corresponding samples, e.g.

cocoon-captcha-impl -> 1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT
cocoon-captcha-sample -> 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

This can cause confusions to a (new) developer/user having e.g. an
implementation (version 4.0.0) and the sample (version 1.0.1). Is the
sample still valid for the implementation because of the different version?

WDYT?

Felix