Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Guillermo Cabrera2 <gc...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/03/25 21:46:33 UTC

Static ports for fileserver and httpbroadcast in Spark driver

Hi:

I am setting up a Spark 0.9.0 cluster over multiple hosts using Docker. I
use a combination of /etc/hosts editing and port mapping to handle correct
routing between Spark Master and Worker containers. My issue arises when I
try to do any operation involving a textFile (hdfs or local) in the Spark
cluster from a Spark Shell (in another container):

14/03/25 18:56:00 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 1 (task 0.0:1)
14/03/25 18:56:01 WARN TaskSetManager: Loss was due to
java.net.NoRouteToHostException
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

I currently set the spark.driver.port and spark.driver.host properties for
my Spark Driver, however, the fileserver and httpBroadcast server are
given random ports. I am currently not mapping these last two ports, thus
are inaccessible in cluster.

Is there a way to also make these static ports without having to modify
source?

All the best,
Gui