Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by kr...@mmm.com on 2005/03/11 03:37:19 UTC

RE Cookie Manager Session Issue

I am having a problem with my application managing HttpSession state when
ran from JMeter. The application is designed to create an HttpSession
instance upon the initial request and subsequent requests get the session
reference by calling request.getSession(). This application works fine when
ran from IE; but when ran from JMeter, the initial request creates a valid
instance of HttpSession and all subsequent requests fail with a null
HttpSession reference.

If I run more that one user, only the first user has this problem and the
rest run fine.

I can examine each request from a view results tree and see that a
JSESSIONID cookie is displayed for each request. This would seem to
indicate that the cookie is working fine.

I looked at the JMeter log and didn't find anything. I looked over a few
items in the mail group list; but didn't find anything relavant.

I'm running versions: JMeter 2.0.2  and JDK 1.3.1_06. I've also seen the
same problem on JDK 1.4.2_06. I'm running WebLogic 7.0 SP 2 as the Servlet
container.

I don't know what else to try. I must be missing something here. Any ideas
on things to try or debugging techniques would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Re: RE Cookie Manager Session Issue

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Is there any Javascript on the pages?
JMeter does not process these, so if the session relies on some
automatic invocation of Javascript (e.g. as part of the page loading
process), then you will need to add the necessary something, e.g
another HTTPSampler to do what the Javascript would have done.

Suggestions for debugging:

Look in jmeter.properties for how to switch on extra debugging.

Perhaps use HTTP Sampler 2 (the Apache HTTPClient one) - this has
wire-level debugging capabilities, but this may produce too much
output.

S.