Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Anton Chernov <me...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/12 23:53:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.3.1.rc0

Dear MXNet community,

This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.3.1. Voting
will start now, on Monday the 12th of November 2018 and close on 14:00
Thursday the 15th of November 2018, Pacific Time (PT).

Link to release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/eZGzBQ

Link to release candidate 1.3.1.rc0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.3.1.rc0

Link to source and signatures on apache dist server:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.3.1.rc0/

Link to scala packages on the staging repo:

* CPU
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/mxnet/mxnet-full_2.11-osx-x86_64-cpu/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/

* GPU
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/mxnet/mxnet-full_2.11-linux-x86_64-gpu/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/

Please remember to TEST first before voting accordingly:
+1 = approve
+0 = no opinion
-1 = disapprove (provide reason)

Best regards,
Anton

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.3.1.rc0

Posted by Anton Chernov <me...@gmail.com>.
Thank you everyone, the vote is closed. I will send the results in a
separate announcement.

Best
Anton

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 from me (macOS)

Posted by Aaron Markham <aa...@gmail.com>.
I thought about it some more, and I don't think these are blockers.

+1 non-binding

Here's why:
For 1) The website splits things out properly and that's the primary
use case. If there's a demand for it, the jars for the docs can be
build per version and split out as needed, and these can be provided
for download.

For 2) This is an issue when you use a more recent version of Scala
than what we have in our CI and Ubuntu dependencies. It really only
pops up if you want to build scala, and you have the latest scala from
brew or if you have specifically upgraded scala on Ubuntu (where it
seems to be lagging a bit behind the version mac is using by default).
The release notes can have an entry that informs people three
different ways to resolve the issue: how to turn off the scala docs
build in the docss/settings.ini file, or the scala version to use, or
the line to update in mxdoc.py to get around the issue. For the next
release, we could upgrade scala in the dependencies and provide a
little better cross-platform support, but either way it shouldn't
happen in v1.4 since it's already patched in master.

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted by Aaron Markham <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.