Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Christopher Ellsworth <ch...@chrisellsworth.com> on 2003/01/22 04:46:02 UTC

Gump documentv11 stylesheets

Hello,

    I use forrest/cocoon for my project documentation system along with gump(love it) for integration testing and site updates from cvs.  I wanted to build the gump site with my sites look and feel.....so I modified your stylesheets to generate documentv11 xml instead of html.  I thought that this may be useful to others.  Let me know if you guys use it.  I can submit a patch on the mailing list if you want.  I am also going to make a stylesheet to translate some of the docv11 docs into an RSS feed for integration reports.....let me know if you want me to send that when I am done.

    Thanks for such a great project!  You can see what I have done at http://binaryshift.net.  It is still being developed, so there may be some occasions when it does not work, but everything should be stable in the next few days (yeah right....wishful thinking I'm sure).

Chris Ellsworth
chris@chrisellsworth.com

P.S.  Are there any sources on the web for similar work with gump that I could draw from?

Re: Gump documentv11 stylesheets

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Christopher Ellsworth wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I use forrest/cocoon for my project documentation system along with
> gump(love it) for integration testing and site updates from cvs.  I
> wanted to build the gump site with my sites look and feel.....so I
> modified your stylesheets to generate documentv11 xml instead of html.
> I thought that this may be useful to others.

Excellent! Well done, I wanted to give it a go but never got round to it.

> Let me know if you guys
> use it.  I can submit a patch on the mailing list if you want.

What are you waiting? ;-)

> I am
> also going to make a stylesheet to translate some of the docv11 docs
> into an RSS feed for integration reports.....let me know if you want me
> to send that when I am done.

Definately :-)

In forrest there is now an RSS feed for changes.html, so if you do the
same for the gump-generated pages too, it would be great.

Here is an example of the current output
http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest-template/changes.html

>     Thanks for such a great project!  You can see what I have done at
> http://binaryshift.net.  It is still being developed, so there may be
> some occasions when it does not work, but everything should be stable in
> the next few days (yeah right....wishful thinking I'm sure).

:-)

> Chris Ellsworth
> chris@chrisellsworth.com
>
> P.S.  Are there any sources on the web for similar work with gump that I
> could draw from?

Kryalis Centipede is using Gump for our integration builds, but we use
the default stylesheets. Btw, I see you are using the Krysalis skin ;-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -