Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arzhang Saman <ar...@fujitsu.com> on 2002/06/04 21:23:41 UTC

Running Tomcat 4 & Tomcat 3 on IIS 5.0

I'm trying to get Tomcat 3 running on a Win 2K system that already has
Tomcat 4 on it mainly for testing purposes.  I have used different port
numbers for each version but get the following error when I try to start
up Tomcat 3: Unable to locate servlet.jar, check the value of
TOMCAT_HOME.  I have checked the value of TOMCAT_HOME and it did point
to the directory where Tomcat 4 was installed.  I changed it to point to
Tomcat 3 installation directory to no avail.  I'm wondering if these
environmental variables get written in the registry and are not as
easily changed just by changing the path in the environmental variables
- but that's my thought and I'm stumped.  Anyone have any ideas?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.