Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Richard Schilling <rs...@nationalinformatics.net> on 2003/07/23 01:18:04 UTC

HTML::Embperl dependencies

As I'm building HTML::Embperl from CVS source, I've taken note of some
PERL module dependencies.  I've been installing on a clean Solaris
Box.  Didn't see these listed anywhere so I thought I would go ahead
and post them.  This may be a partial list:

ExtUtils-MakeMaker
ExtUtils-XSBuilder
Parse-RecDescent
Tie::IxHash

Richard

Re: HTML::Embperl dependencies

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@inodes.org>.
At Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:18:04 -0700, Richard Schilling wrote:
> As I'm building HTML::Embperl from CVS source, I've taken note of some
> PERL module dependencies.  I've been installing on a clean Solaris
> Box.  Didn't see these listed anywhere so I thought I would go ahead
> and post them.  This may be a partial list:
>
> ExtUtils-MakeMaker

ExtUtils::MakeMaker should be part of your perl install

> Parse-RecDescent
> Tie::IxHash

these are dependencies of ExtUtils::XSBuilder, not Embperl (afaict)

In case its useful, when building Embperl from CVS, I use these (GNU)
make rules:

 # extra files required for builds from CVS
 CVSEXTRAS = xs/Makefile.PL Config.pod

 # these are only necessary when building Embperl from CVS
 # (and require ExtUtils::XSBuilder)
 xsbuilder/tables/Embperl/ConstantsTable.pm:
        $(PERL) xsbuilder/source_scan.pl

 xs/Makefile.PL: xsbuilder/tables/Embperl/ConstantsTable.pm
        $(PERL) xsbuilder/xs_generate.pl

 %.pod: podsrc/%.spod
        $(PERL) podsrc/s2pod.pl < $< > $@

and add $(CVSEXTRAS) to a suitable place in the dependency tree.  It
should be fairly obvious how do run the necessary commands by hand.

--
 - Gus

Re: HTML::Embperl dependencies

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> As I'm building HTML::Embperl from CVS source, I've taken note of some
> PERL module dependencies.  I've been installing on a clean Solaris
> Box.  Didn't see these listed anywhere so I thought I would go ahead
> and post them.  This may be a partial list:
>
> ExtUtils-MakeMaker
> ExtUtils-XSBuilder
> Parse-RecDescent
> Tie::IxHash

These dependcy only exists for Embperl 2.x (not HTML::EMbperl which is 1.x)
and if you want to build form the CVS. When you run Makefile.PL it tells you
that you need to install ExtUtils::XSBuilder, which in turns depends on the
other two. ExtUtils::MakeMaker part of the standart Perl installation.

For the distribution I upload to CPAN I have already run XSBuilder for you, so
you don't need it on your system.

Gerald