Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/16 11:16:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (rc8)

[Due to ASF e-mail outage, I'm not if anyone will actually receive this.]

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
This has only minor changes on top of rc7.

The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc8 (commit 80eea0f):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=80eea0f111c06260ffaa780d2f3f7facd09c17bc

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1016/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!

The vote is open until Monday, May 19, at 10:15 UTC and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

== API Changes ==
We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
possible.

changes to ML vector specification:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10

changes to the Java API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark

changes to the streaming API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x

changes to the GraphX API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior

SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (rc8)

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Due to the issue discovered by Michael, this vote is cancelled in favor of rc9.

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
-1

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.
+1