Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/31 11:08:53 UTC

Adding actions instead of replacing them in extended forms

Hi,
when extending a form is there a way to ADD actions to the ones defined in
the original form?
What I see now is that actions defined in the original form are completely
replaced by the actions defined in the extended form.

Thank you,
-Bruno

Re: Adding actions instead of replacing them in extended forms

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I believe this was discussed before, but I can't find the email.

the simplest way I can think of, but have not tested
is you have the drop down but it is conditionally displayed on the data
being there.
the data becomes available after the first step is taken.
The code (groovy) would then have  a if statement the checks for the
first data before retrieving the second.
this would probably need a Java Script that acted on the first being
filled to post to the form again.
I believe there would be multiple request responses to direct to the
next form.

that is the way I would try to accomplish it.
that would be an interesting example.

Bruno Busco sent the following on 8/31/2008 5:21 AM:

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
BJ, Jacques,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I was asking on the vague chance that he was referring to the action
folder (groovy).

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/31/2008 4:48 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
In other words,

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest to implement something like a tag (i.e.
<call-parent-actions>) that will let to call the parent actions like this:
<form name"formP">
  <actions>
     <action1>
     <action2>
  </actions>
</form>

<form name"formC" extends="formP">
  <actions>
     <actionA>
     <call-parent-actions>
     <actionB>
  </actions>
</form>

In this way the user can have parent form actions executed before or after
the child actions. It will be also possible to have them NOT executed if the
<call-parent-actions> tag is not included.
-Bruno

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@yahoo.com>
> That's interesting - the menu widget extends actions, but the form widget replaces them.
>
> Having the form widget extend actions would be a simple change to make.

+1

Jacques

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.