Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by oddtyme <se...@live.unc.edu> on 2018/09/19 19:48:45 UTC

Unnecessary Components

I am helping implement solr for a "downloadable library" of sorts. The
objective is that communities without internet access will be able to access
a library's worth of information on a small, portable device. As such, I am
working within strict space constraints. What are some non-essential
components of solr that can be cut to conserve space for more information?

Re: Unnecessary Components

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Well, if we are talking about the latest minimal configuration that
still works and allows basic search:
https://github.com/arafalov/presentation-apachecon2018-solr-speed-dating/tree/master/configsets/minimal

Also, anything under examples can be removed, as well as dist/test-framework.

Regards,
   Alex.

Re: Unnecessary Components

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.

Re: Unnecessary Components

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
This is one of the reasons we should pursue a plugin-bundle based distribution. i.e. one main
tarball and multiple smaller plugins, see SOLR-10665 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10665>
This effort has a working POC, but it is too big for me to finalise alone, and I don't have a sponsor either.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Unnecessary Components