Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KNitin <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/28 20:37:47 UTC

Perm Gen issues in SolrCloud

Hi

 I am seeing the Perm Gen usage increase as i keep adding more collections.
What kind of strings get interned in solr? (Only schema , fields,
collection metadata or the data itself?)

Will Permgen space (atleast interned strings) increase proportional to the
size of the data in the collections or with the # of collections themselves?

I have temporarily increased the size of PermGen to deal with this but
would love to understand what goes on behind the scenes

Thanks
Nitin

Re: Perm Gen issues in SolrCloud

Posted by Poornima Jay <po...@rocketmail.com>.
Hi Nitin,

Not sure of you have tried these steps.

1. Stop the Tomcat Server.
2.Find catalina.bat
3.Assign following line to JAVA_OPTS variable and add it into catalina.bat file.
set JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms512M -Xmx768M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
 4. restart

On Saturday, 1 March 2014 6:02 AM, KNitin <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Furkan

I have read that before but I haven't added any new classes or changed
anything with my setup. I just created more collections in solr. How will
that increase perm gen space ? Doesn't solr intern strings at all ?
Interned strings also go to the perm gen space right?

- Nitin

Posted by KNitin <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Furkan

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.