Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/03/11 16:51:11 UTC

localhost:8080 makes me a sad panda

Hey Guys,

Now i understand the PHP version might not be a priority for a lot of
you, but every time i run into some localhost:8080 requests, i become a
little sad at the time it'll cost me to hack the code locally again to
make it work with the PHP port. I'm actively developing it and trying to
follow the SVN trunk, but i can't do that if the examples, features,
javascripts and container code don't work on both versions.

Today i noticed in the svn sync that i now got 2 hardcoded
localhost:8080 values in features/opensocial-0.7 (feature.xml and
batchrequest.js, the one in feature.xml being new)

Also the compliance test that i use a lot
(http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/tests/trunk/compliancetests.xml) also features a hard coded reference to localhost:8080 (which ps throws the results in the various opensocial sandboxes that i also run this gadget on out of curiosity a bit off too).

Anyhow, can't we find a way to get along without committing things that
make each others lives harder? I think if i would commit things that
would make the java version not work out of the box you'd feel the same
right? :)

    -- Chris

RE: Shindig update

Posted by LAKSHMI PILLAY <la...@TechMahindra.com>.
Hi All,

Many thanks for the links sent.

Ram, yes think quite a few perceptions have been cleared. As I see it,
shindig is more of an enabler, guess it's one of those duhhh..  moments
I seem to specialize in. Would be working on a sample implementation
over this weekend, think will update the wiki link.

Thanks again.

Regards.
Lakshmi

Posted by Ram Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.