Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> on 2005/06/03 04:26:03 UTC

Oracle XMLType support

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what we need to do in order to make use of
Oracle's XMLType database object - as part of a sqlMap. I've been
briefly thinking about a way to implement the TypeHandlerCallback
interface, but it seems to me that this will not work. Using straight
JDBC, we're able to query and manipulate XMLType using Oracle JDBC
things like OraclePreparedStatement/OracleCallableStatement,
OracleResultset, OPAQUE and XMLType (available in xdb.jar).

I would love to hear from you guys, whether such a thing is at all possible.

Thx,
Jan.

--
Cumquat Information Technology
De Dreef 19

Jan.Vissers-at-cumquat.nl
M +31 6 5 11 169 556

Re: Oracle XMLType support

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
If you can pass the XML Type into a non-oracle specific Java
Type/Class then you should have no problem creating a custom type
handler. If the XML Type requires a database connection then you will
need to stick to straight JDBC. iBatis is JDBC compliant. We provide
CustomType Handlers for cases when you need to handle a non-standard
type.

Brandon