Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Chetan <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 17:09:49 UTC

Online Schema Changes

Is it possible to make schema changes to HBase Table without having to
explicitly disable the Table ?  ( I want to add new Column Family to
existing table).

Thanks, Chetan

Re: Online Schema Changes

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
No, it's off first in 0.94 because it was an experimental feature and now
in 0.96 because enabling it on a chaos-monkey integration test rig that is
"single-admin" in the way I think you mean results in data loss.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)