Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Bhushan Pathak <bh...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 15:08:19 UTC

[IMP] Copyright tag for Apache License 2.0

Hi,

The Apache License version 1.1 has the following copyright text-

Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
 * reserved.

On similar lines, what is the copyright text for Apache License version
2.0. It is not mentioned in the license text on the Apache website -
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

I need this copyright text for licensing purpose.

Thanks
Bhushan Pathak

Re: [IMP] Copyright tag for Apache License 2.0

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 12/19/11 14:08, Bhushan Pathak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Apache License version 1.1 has the following copyright text-
>
> Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
>  * reserved.

This is the collective copyright, and is now found in the NOTICE

> On similar lines, what is the copyright text for Apache License version
> 2.0. It is not mentioned in the license text on the Apache website -
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
>
> I need this copyright text for licensing purpose.

Apache licenses[1] rights from its contributors who retain the copyright
in their work. Contributions are audited through our version control and
issue tracking systems, and a complete list of copyright holders is
available by interrogating these systems.

Robert

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/

Re: [IMP] Copyright tag for Apache License 2.0

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>.
On 12/23/2011 12:30 AM, Bhushan Pathak wrote:

> Any updates on my request?

It appears you replied to me personally, not to the list.  Sorry, the
note should have appeared on the forum if you wanted a prompt response.

The itself document is Copyright 2004, by the Apache Software Foundation.

Re: [IMP] Copyright tag for Apache License 2.0

Posted by Bhushan Pathak <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Any updates on my request?

Thanks