Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jeremy Freeman <fr...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/05 00:28:10 UTC

Re: error loading large files in PySpark 0.9.0

Hey Matei,

Wanted to let you know this issue appears to be fixed in 1.0.0. Great work!

-- Jeremy

Re: error loading large files in PySpark 0.9.0

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ah looking at that inputformat it should just work out the box using sc.newAPIHadoopFile ...

Would be interested to hear if it works as expected for you (in python you'll end up with bytearray values).

—
Sent from Mailbox

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ah, good to know!

By the way in master we now have saveAsPickleFile (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/755), and Nick Pentreath has been working on Hadoop InputFormats: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/455. Would be good to have your input on both of those if you have a chance to try them.

Matei