Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Gobes <mg...@ram.nl> on 1997/04/08 14:00:02 UTC

config/328: Using apache proxy for FTP download

>Number:         328
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Using apache proxy for FTP download
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We are using apache as proxy server for HTML on our Firewall with no problems.
However using the FTP protocol through the apache server seems imposible.
When I try to download a file from a ftp server via Netscape the ftp file
is displayed in HTML document window. Netscape is configured to use for FTP the
same proxy address (5000) as for HTML.
I tried several configuration options alike Addtype, and modified the
mime.types file buth with no success.
What is neccesary to use apache as FTp proxy server ?