Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Niharika Mateti <mn...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 00:48:37 UTC

Error with Websphere embedded driver

I am getting the following error whenever I try to insert a null or update a
null value in a table.

[IBM][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The specified SQL type is not supported by this
driver

The ibatis version that I am using is 2.1.7.
The database is sql server 2000
The driver is websphere embedded connect jdbc driver - The driver that comes
with Websphere 6.0

Has anyone else encounter this problem? Is there a way to solve this.

Thanks,
Niharika

Re: Error with Websphere embedded driver

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
You'll need to specify the JDBC type for the nullable column like this:

<insert id="myInsert">
  insert into mytable (id, name) values (#id#, #name:VARCHAR#)
</insert>

Jeff Butler