Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tâm Huynh <ta...@nterra.com> on 2003/08/22 10:39:15 UTC

LDAP and existing directory

Hi Jamey,

maybe you've found about by now, but anyway ...

I'm using jetspeed with iPlanet5.1 and went through almost the
same steps that you described.

> 3. when I try to create the example users (turbine, anon), my directory
> says it encountered an object class violation.

As you will know, object class violations occur when an entry does not
conform to the schema of their class. For example, I misspelled an entry
when I manually imported the schemas. Maybe you should doublecheck your
schemas for spelling and completeness.
I then imported the users and groups, etc. as follows:
  1. log to iPlanet as "cn=Directory Manager";
  2. directory server -> tasks -> import databases;
  3. choose jetspeed.ldif from the jetspeed distribution.

> Are these example users or do they have some special meaning to the
Jetspeed
> code? It appears Jetspeed wants to bind as "anon" when I start it.

As far as I have understood, the user "anon" provides the resources for
the default page that shows up when the user has not logged in yet.
The settings of the user "turbine" provide a template for the settings
of newly created users, and the "admin" user is equipped with administration
privilegdes, e.g. for managing users.

> What goes in the objectdata attribute? Looks like some data that's base64
> encoded.

I think the objectdata attribute is used to store a serialized hashtable
with user-specific information. During execution it can be accessed via
the rundata.getUser().get/setPerm() functions.

Tâm

Re: LDAP and existing directory

Posted by Tâm Huynh <ta...@nterra.com>.
I forgot to mention that my mail was a reply to
this message that I found in the mailing list
archive of June:

---

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:03:11 -0700
To: jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: LDAP and existing directory
From: "Jamey Maze" <ja...@hush.com>

Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me get Jetspeed working
with an existing SunOne LDAP Directory. Here's what I've done so far:

1. manually created the attributes and object classes in jetspeed.scheme;
put all the object classes under "Top"

2. created the ou's, groups, roles, and permissions from jetspeed.ldif;
instead of creating them under "ou=jetspeed, o=apache" I created them
under "ou=jetspeed, dc=mydomain, dc=com"

3. when I try to create the example users (turbine, anon), my directory
says it encountered an object class violation.

Are these example users or do they have some special meaning to the Jetspeed
code? It appears Jetspeed wants to bind as "anon" when I start it.

I tried moving the jetspeeduser object class under inetOrgPerson, but
that didn't help.

What goes in the objectdata attribute? Looks like some data that's base64
encoded.

Many thanks!
Jamey

Tâm