Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Steve Johnson <st...@equilibrium.com> on 2008/11/12 02:39:05 UTC

More getting started docs?

Greetings,

I'm having a tough time getting started with Continuum.  I can find no
docs that really tell me what Continuum is trying to do to do a build,
nor can I find much configuration documentation for my situation.
Here's what I've got:

1)       Subversion source control

2)       Fairly standard Maven 2 hierarchy

3)       Source tree containing Java and Flex code

4)       We've made no attempt to integrate svn into maven - ie: we have
no <scm> tags in our pom.xml files

Is there documentation that I'm missing that tells me how to set up a
build system for my environment?  I'm playing with a <scm> tag in my
top-level pom.xml, but I'm not really getting anywhere.  Continuum
doesn't even seem to be able to log in even though I've put the password
in the <scm> definition and also should have it in the local credentials
cache.

Any help in getting going would be greatly appreciated, even if it's
just a specific RTFM to something I've missed.

Take care all,

Steve

steve -at- equilibrium.com <ma...@equilibrium.com>

Re: More getting started docs?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Steve Johnson <st...@equilibrium.com> wrote:

> 4)       We've made no attempt to integrate svn into maven - ie: we have
> no <scm> tags in our pom.xml files

The scm element is currently required, though there's an issue open to
make it optional in the case where the pom url you supply is the same
as the url you use to check out the code.

> Is there documentation that I'm missing that tells me how to set up a
> build system for my environment?  I'm playing with a <scm> tag in my
> top-level pom.xml,

This may help with the scm url:  http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html

(I don't think you should need the credentials in the scm url, just
supply them when you add the project.)

If you're still having trouble, seeing your <scm> section will help,
as well as listing the steps you've taken so far.

--
Wendy