Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Renato Bacelar da Silveira <re...@indabamobile.co.za> on 2011/08/24 12:11:09 UTC

Cassandra-CLI does not allow list 1105115; with Syntax error

  Hi All

Good day,

A question concerning Cassandra-Cli.

I have a Column Family named 11001500.

I have inserted the CF with Hector, and it did not
throw any exception concerning the name of the
column.

If I am issuing the command

list 1105115;

I incur the following error:

[default@unknown] list 1105115;
Syntax error at position 5: mismatched input '1105115' expecting Identifier
*
I presume we are not to name CFs as integers?*

  Or is there something I am missing from
the bellow help content:

[default@unknown] help list;
list <cf>;
list <cf>[<startKey>:];
list <cf>[<startKey>:<endKey>];
list <cf>[<startKey>:<endKey>] limit <limit>;

List a range of rows, and all of their columns, in the specified column
family.

The order of rows returned is dependant on the Partitioner in use.

Required Parameters:
- cf: Name of the column family to list rows from.

Optional Parameters:
- endKey: Key to end the range at. The end key will be included
in the result. Defaults to an empty byte array.

- limit: Number of rows to return. Default is 100.

- startKey: Key start the range from. The start key will be
included in the result. Defaults to an empty byte array.

Examples:
list Standard1;
list Super1[j:];
list Standard1[j:k] limit 40;