Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Bauman <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/24 17:34:07 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Bug tracking catagories

Craig, Costin, other core Tomcat developers:

I'm going to make some suggestions for the bug
tracking catagories and you're going to let me know
how you want them changed, removed; etc. I'm putting
this down because I think it's easier for people to
criticise something that's there than to come up with
something from scratch when we all have so much to do
everyplace else. :)

Project / Category / SubCategory

Tomcat  / core     / bug
Tomcat  / core     / feature request
Tomcat  / jasper   / bug
Tomcat  / jasper   / feature request
Ant     / core     / bug
Ant     / core     / feature request
Taglibs / core     / bug
Taglibs / core     / feature request
Tools   / core     / bug
Tools   / core     / feature request
Watchdog/ core     / bug
Watchdog/ core     / feature request
Catalina/ core     / bug
Catalina/ core     / feature request
Jakarta / general  / bug
Jakarta / general  / feature request

=====
# Nick Bauman
# Technical Programmer
# http://webhelp.com
# real software, real code, real time

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Bug tracking catagories

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Nick,

Your list looks good as a starting point.  I've got a couple of
thoughts:

* There are some additional Jakarta projects that you
  have not included in the list (regexp, servletapi, slide,
  struts) that could use their own categorization.

* In the old Bugzilla system, we had a spot to put the
  version number on which the bug or enhancement was
  being reported.  Is this still going to be possible?

Craig