Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by zi...@free.fr on 2007/03/15 10:55:51 UTC

Simple math question authentification form and internationalization

Dear all,

To translate the user interface we use a ApplicationResources_fr.properties
custom file and when we access http://localhost/test/language/test?language=fr
the application uses the entries defined in the
ApplicationResources_fr.properties file for the front office interface.

However for the simple math question authentification form, the application does
not use the entries "comments.mathAuthenticatorQuestion" and
"error.commentAuthFailed" we have defined for the simple math question in the
ApplicationResources_fr.properties, but it seems it uses the ones defined in the
ApplicationResources.properties

Is there a a way to use the entries defined in the
ApplicationResources_fr.properties for the simple math question authentification
form when we access the front office
http://localhost/test/language/test?language=fr ?

We are using Roller 2.3, and the locale set for the blog is french fr.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Alex

Re: Simple math question authentification form and internationalization

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 3/15/07, ziconline@free.fr <zi...@free.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> To translate the user interface we use a ApplicationResources_fr.properties
> custom file and when we access http://localhost/test/language/test?language=fr
> the application uses the entries defined in the
> ApplicationResources_fr.properties file for the front office interface.
>
> However for the simple math question authentification form, the application does
> not use the entries "comments.mathAuthenticatorQuestion" and
> "error.commentAuthFailed" we have defined for the simple math question in the
> ApplicationResources_fr.properties, but it seems it uses the ones defined in the
> ApplicationResources.properties
>
> Is there a a way to use the entries defined in the
> ApplicationResources_fr.properties for the simple math question authentification
> form when we access the front office
> http://localhost/test/language/test?language=fr ?

It looks like the MathCommentAuthenticator class uses the default
locale of the server and not the locale of the blog -- that's a bug. I
just added it for you:

   http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1377

Possible workarounds:

If you are serving only french blogs, you could change the server locale to FR.
Or you could change the original ApplicationResources.properties file.

- Dave