Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2020/04/16 18:48:54 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

The latest on moving to GIT is that you have to do most of this yourself.

See https://infra.apache.org/svn-to-git-migration.html

referenced from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19750  (scroll to
the last comment)

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
FYI: INFRA issue tracking the migration:

For some reason the moved v3 branches/tags still do not show up on the GitHub mirror...

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Ok, I have started working on this by first moving stuff around in the SVN:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/trunk -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/branches/trunk-v3

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/tags/ruta-3.0.0 -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-3.0.0

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/tags/ruta-3.0.1 -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-3.0.1

The "old" ruta v3 spot does not have a "branches" folder.

For the moment, https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3 remains writable, but I will ask INFRA to make it read-only.

If you feel the need to make any changes to Ruta v3 code, please do it on

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/branches/trunk-v3

You can either re-checkout or SVN switch your local checkout to the new location.

Now, I'll wait for the GitHub mirror to pick up the v3 branches:

  https://github.com/apache/uima-ruta

Cheers,

-- Richard