Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ju...@Bertelsmann.de on 2003/06/25 10:38:22 UTC

forward-db

Hello,

I've downloaded the latest relaese 1.0 rc3 and found in the documentation
(tutorial1) the tool support for foward engineering (generating SQL DDL from
repository.xml). But the ant target named "forward-db" is missing in my
build.xml. Only the reverse tool with the target "reverse-db" is included.
Where can I find the tool or how to write the target on my own?

Thanks, Julia.

Re: forward-db

Posted by Alexander Prozor <ap...@isd.dp.ua>.
Hello Julia,
ASAIK it don't implemented yet :(.

at http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/db-ojb/contrib/xdoclet-ojb-module.zip
you can get XDoclet module, that allows to generate mapping from java
doc comments.

JWBd> Hello,

JWBd> I've downloaded the latest relaese 1.0 rc3 and found in the documentation
JWBd> (tutorial1) the tool support for foward engineering (generating SQL DDL from
JWBd> repository.xml). But the ant target named "forward-db" is missing in my
JWBd> build.xml. Only the reverse tool with the target "reverse-db" is included.
JWBd> Where can I find the tool or how to write the target on my own?

JWBd> Thanks, Julia.

JWBd> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
JWBd> For additional commands, e-mail: ojb-user-help@db.apache.org

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:apro@isd.dp.ua

Re: forward-db

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Julia,

the forward-db target was an experimental piece of code.
It is no longer part of the distribution. I'll remove the reference from
tutorial1.

The recommended way to forward engineer a repository.xml from Java
source code is the Ojb-XDoclet module:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/db-ojb/contrib/xdoclet-ojb-module.zip

the package also contains a complete set of documentation.

More details on XDoclet itself:
http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/

cheers,
Thomas