Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by at...@cdac.in on 2012/06/16 19:02:42 UTC

openmeetings upgrade to swf11 issue

Dear All

We are using openmeetings v 1.9 in my LMS application for conduction of
virtual meetings.

We want to upgrade to swf11 version, so that we can use AEC feature of
adobe flash player, so we have downloaded openlaszlo v 5.0 integrated with
flex sdk 4.6 (thanks to Mr. Raju).

We have tried to replace the openlaszlo compiler files but we faced lot of
problems. We have also tried with openmeetings v 2.0 but still things
remain the same.

We just want to compile files in swf11 so that we can use AEC feature of
adobe flash player.

Can any one help me how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards
Atul Kumar Singh
Project Engineer
C-DAC Hyderabad - 500016
India
Phones:+91-40-23737124/25

Re: openmeetings upgrade to swf11 issue

Posted by Raju Bitter <r....@googlemail.com>.
The only major browser which doesn't support sockets at the moment is IE.
http://caniuse.com/#feat=websockets

Here is an old tutorial showing how this can be done for both JS and Flash:
http://joshuakehn.com/2010/9/22/WebSocket-Tutorial-with-Nodejs.html

Re: openmeetings upgrade to swf11 issue

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Here is the article regarding websocket based push notifications
http://www.cakesolutions.net/teamblogs/2012/05/10/web-socket-push-notifications-in-akka-netty-and-socko/

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: openmeetings upgrade to swf11 issue

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Not out of the box.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Karwat <jk...@jellnet.com>.
I'm hoping the group does not lose sight of this issue.  Audio is a major issue/problem in OpenMeetings and a concerted effort to improve the audio quality by implementing reliable AEC is, in my opinion, critical to the success of the whole project.

Let me know how I can help further this objective.

Also, on a separate topic, my offer to organize the user community so that we can robustly test and debug the official releases still stands.

Joseph Karwat |415-462-0263 | JellVideo | www.jellnet.com |
JELL NETWORKS, INC.
Enterprise Video Collaboration Solutions

Hello Atul, I tried that a year ago. Agree, this takes sufficient efforts.

You should update mostly following things - upgrade to new class names, avoid implicit variable declarations, rewrite or replace openlaszlo components which are not implemented for swf11.

Timur ported a small amount of code, it took three months.

You are welcome to share the patch if you succeed. :-)

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.