Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Neil A. Hillard" <ne...@agustawestland.com> on 2006/11/24 11:32:51 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_tkt_auth and RequestHeader problem...

Hi,

	I'm looking at resolving an internal authentication issue we have and
I'm currently having a problem with mod_auth_tkt and the RequestHeader.

mod_auth_tkt has been successfully configured.  I'm generating the
appropriate cookie, mod_auth_tkt is seeing it and setting the
REMOTE_USER header appropriately (which can be seen by a local PHP
script).  I need to pass this value in a custom header to a backend web
server and that's where the problem lies.

My configuration is:

 <Location ~ /[^l][^o][^g][^i][^n]>
  TKTAuthCookieName sso
  TKTAuthIgnoreIP on
  TKTAuthLoginURL http://server.domain.co.uk/login/

  require valid-user

  #
  # Add the authenticated user to the request header
  #
  RewriteRule        .* - [env=RU:%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}]
  RequestHeader      set X-PRIVATE-Authenticated-User %{RU}e
 </Location>

The value of X-PRIVATE-Authenticated-User as seen by the backend server
is always '(null)'.

I've successfully used the same two lines when using mod_auth_ldap so
suspect that it's something that mod_auth_tkt is (or isn't) doing.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.