Posted to user@ant.apache.org by * <ke...@absamail.co.za> on 2004/01/22 15:19:26 UTC

Installing Ant on WinMe

Hi all,
I am having difficulty in installing Ant 1.6 on a WinMe machine. The Ant
manual assumes that Win9x, NT behave the same as WinMe, which is not the
case. Some help is much needed here!
I get an "Out Of Environment Space" error a few times and then a "Bad file
name" error, when calling ant.bat.
The Ant manual suggests adding 'shell=c:\command.com c:\ /p /e:32768' to the
config.sys file, but on WinMe there is no config.sys file - see M$ knowledge
base article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274646.
Any Dos environment changes which are required should apparently be made in
a cmdinit.bat file, which is run each time the Dos window is called from
WinMe.
Adding the shell=entry line to this batch file, however,  has not made any
difference to my install problem.
I will be grateful to find someone out there who can help?

I have tried with Ant1.5 with the same result, so I don't think it's the
version of Ant.

Regards,
Tom.

Re: Installing Ant on WinMe

Posted by * <ke...@absamail.co.za>.
Hi Antoine,
Thanks for your response. I initially did approach a WinMe newsgroup, but
they queried whether ant was written to be run on a WinMe machine, hence my
question to this group. Perhaps a few differently worded requests may do the
trick on those news-groups.

Regards,
Tom.

Re: Installing Ant on WinMe