Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Donald Carpenter <do...@xmarc.com> on 2003/01/07 20:51:09 UTC

Jetspeed 1.43b and Oracle: Sequence does not exist

When running Jetspeed 1.43b configured with Oracle (9i in my case -
but that's not important right now :) ), when I try to add a new user
I get an:
	ORA-02289: sequence does not exist
error.

Is the Oracle sql script jetspeed-1.4-b3/src/sql/external/turbine-oracle.sql
up to date and correct?

Part of stack trace is shown below:

---------------------------- BEGIN -------------------------------

Horrible Exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02289: sequence does not exist
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:43)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
	at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteDescribe(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(Compiled
Code)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(Compiled Code)
	at com.workingdogs.village.QueryDataSet.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.torque.oid.SequenceIdGenerator.getIdAsVillageValue(SequenceIdGene
rator.java:195)
	at
org.apache.torque.oid.SequenceIdGenerator.getIdAsBigDecimal(SequenceIdGenera
tor.java:132)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:702)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:615)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.doInsert(BaseTur
bineUserPeer.java:242)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.doInsert(BaseTur
bineUserPeer.java:215)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.addUser(
TurbineUserManagement.java:309)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.addUser(JetspeedUserMana
gement.java:134)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.addUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:
238)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.security.UserUpdateAction.doIns
ert(UserUpdateAction.java:251

---------------------------- END -------------------------------

Thx for any assistance.

Don(C).

Re: Jetspeed 1.43b and Oracle: Sequence does not exist

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 11:51  AM, Donald Carpenter wrote:

> When running Jetspeed 1.43b configured with Oracle (9i in my case -
> but that's not important right now :) ), when I try to add a new user
> I get an:
> 	ORA-02289: sequence does not exist
> error.
>
> Is the Oracle sql script
> jetspeed-1.4-b3/src/sql/external/turbine-oracle.sql
> up to date and correct?
>
> Part of stack trace is shown below:

I updated and tested the Oracle scripts for 1.4b3.
Look at  src/sql/external/turbine-oracle.sql, there are 'CREATE
SEQUENCE' statements.
Torque can regenerate the script for you. Just follow the procedure in
the documentation on the jetspeed site.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software