Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Jose L. R. Lopes" <jl...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/23 17:45:45 UTC

Decomplile java.class bytecode???

I saw a message inquiring how to avoid java.class files to be decompiled...
What is that ? Do you mean if you have the java.class file you can revert it to a java.java source code?
Please explain it William of anybody.
Regards
Jose Lopes

Re: Decomplile java.class bytecode???

Posted by Cedric Berger <ce...@wireless-networks.com>.
> I saw a message inquiring how to avoid java.class files to be decompiled...
> What is that ? Do you mean if you have the java.class file you can revert it
> to a java.java source code?

Yes: Type "Java Decompiler" on http://www.google.com for details.
Or better: study the java class file format here:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/html/ClassFile.doc.html

Cedric

Re: Decomplile java.class bytecode???

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/23/01 8:45 AM, "Jose L. R. Lopes" <jl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I saw a message inquiring how to avoid java.class files to be decompiled...
> What is that ? Do you mean if you have the java.class file you can revert it
> to a java.java source code?

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bridge/8617/jad.html

-jon