Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Scott M. Stirling" <ss...@mediaone.net> on 2001/01/10 00:51:21 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Ant Taglib Update, Committer, Taglib Documenting, Jakarta Taglib App

On 09 Jan 2001 15:33:27 -0600, Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> I'll second the point that the taglib should have a name different from Ant
> to avoid confusion.
>
> Glenn

All right, I read Hans B.'s post on this too.  I like the name Gnat
Taglib.  It's short enough to be a prefix if someone wants to use it,
it's got three of the letters of Ant in it, and it denotes a smaller
insect even than Ant.

What say ye?  I definitely don't like something as prosaic as "File
taglib," and I don't think there's a single word to sum up the taglib's
intent.  The closest I can think of is "Build Util Taglib" or something.

Scott Stirling
West Newton, MA