Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by srinivasulu srinivasulu <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/05 13:28:37 UTC

How to access an enterprise application from Axis2 in App server?

Hi,

We have an enterprise application(Adempiere) running
in app server and it has servlets, EJBs, and POJOs.
Now we want to expose this application as a web
service and decided to go with Axis2. We have tried
with the following steps shown below to create a web
service with Axis2, but we are facing issues:

   1. We read Axis2 documentation
   2. Wrote a simple Web Service class that calls
Adempiere's POJO method
      Adempiere.startup()
   3. Imported all the war and jar files present in
jboss/server/adempiere/deploy/adempiere.ear (So that
we can compile web service file in the IDE)
   4. Compiled and built the .aar file,  updated the
axis2.war
   5. Copied the axis2.war to
jboss/server/adempiere/deploy
   6. Tried accessing
<hostname>:<port>/adempiere/axis2 and
<hostname>:<port>/axis2, but all we found was error
pages complaining that window.html does not exist
   7. We repeated the above steps after deploying
axis2.war to
jboss/server/adempiere/deploy/adempiere.ear. Still no
luck!!

Is there something we have missed? Any and all leads
welcome, we have just run out of options.

Thanks in advance
Srinivas

RE: How to access an enterprise application from Axis2 in App server?

Posted by Enaganti M Naidu <em...@hotmail.com>.
Here is what I would do
a) Deploy a plain axis2.war to the JBoss and see if you can access the 'version' service first.
b) Once it is successful, I would write a simple service .aar file (must include services.xml) and access that service
c) Once you are successful with the above, I would see no reason why you can not expose you app thru the web service

However, your EJB portions of the app must run in JBoss ejb container and your servlets run in the tomcat and your service will run within axis2 web app in tomcat. Your pojos and depending libraries can either be part of your .aar file or copy them to the lib folder.

I am also assuming that you are trying to expose one or more of specific business functions thru web services.

Madhav

It’s easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn how.
https://www.invite2messenger.net/im/?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnHow